3D CGI television pilot episode in the 30 minute format. Lakhvinder performed supercomputing, informatics, operations, logistics, audio engineering, video engineering, technical & advisory consulting, creative writing, trailer design, software consulting & testing, software engineering / programming, mathematical algorithmic R&D and crisis management.
The Elf King
The Elf King is a 3D CGI animated episodic television project in the 30 minute format. Inspired by centuries of tales such as those of the Brothers Grimm, the proof of concept pilot was produced within a budget of only (USD) $700K.
An interesting note is that at the tail-end of the project, Lakhvinder re-rendered the entire pilot episode at a higher level of quality and a commensurate increase in compute- and work-load.
Lakhvinder's credited work
- Video Engineering
- Supercomputing & Image Rendering
- Technical Consulting
- Software Consulting & Testing
- Trailer Design & Creative Writing
Lakhvinder's uncredited work
- Crisis Management
- Informatics: Network Data Logistics
- Infrastructure: Project Operations Logistics
- Audio Engineering
- Mathematical Algorithmic Research & Development
A Selected Sampling of Lakhvinder's Tools for this project
- Silicon Graphics ® MIPS ® IRIX ® Big Iron
- An array of intel ® Windows ® nodes
- intel ® Windows ® servers
- Alias|Wavefront ® Maya
- Wolfram Research ® Mathematica ® (Lakhvinder's "Swiss Army Knife")
- Lakhvinder proprietary scene data cleansers and data massagers to parse, repair and rewrite unusable Maya ® scenes and data (written in Mathematica ®)
- Lakhvinder proprietary renderer emulating Maya ® image synthesis look and feel to render scenes which were not renderable with Maya ® (written in Mathematica ®, reads scenes and all initial data then outputs C or Fortran code ready to be compiled and executed for synthesis of images)
- Lakhvinder developed workarounds to software bugs in Maya ® which could neither be solved nor remedied by client and Alias ® (written in Mathematica ®)
- Lakhvinder developed Shake modules for the solution of various hardware, software and process problems, deficiencies and limitations
- Lakhvinder developed algorithms for image processing, motion image processing and audio processing (developed and prototyped in with Mathematica ®, deployed in Shake and C)
Some Resources are © Copyright Sirius Animation and/or it's clients.